Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fred Thompson diagnosed with cancer in 2004.

After revealing to Fox News' Neil Cavuto that he was diagnosed with lymphoma more than two years ago, Fred Thompson maintains a "business as usual" approach.


"I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't satisfied in my own mind as to the nature of it and the fact that not only will I have an average lifespan but in the meantime I will not be affected in anyway by it," Thompson said.


In a post at "Red State" blog, Thompson expressed optimism for a full recovery.


I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future--and with no debilitating side effects.

I am one of the lucky ones. There are many lucky ones today. And for all of our diversity, we share one thing in common--a deep appreciation for the fact that we live in the United States of America and have the best medicine and the best doctors the world has even known.

Leo adds:

Just as Thompson has been said to be able to melt steel, and that he's bald only because his hair is afraid of him, in a similar vein:

Fred Thompson--he's not in remission--even his cancer is afraid of him :o)

The good LORD is saving you for a purpose, Fred!

Run Fred, Run!



No comments: